Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I saw you today...

I have been looking for this book for about a year now and I stumbled upon it yesterday in my family home evening lessons box. Not sure why it was in there but I think the timing is perfect :) I was reminded of some memories I had forgotten so I am going to share a few of my favorite ones.
Danny I saw you today....

-coming home from school and whipping up some mashed potatoes
-doing your Ace Ventura impression - you were great! (Mom)
-chasing Kim through the house, being best friends one minute and slugging each other the next; so happy to see each other and then so happy to see each other leave! (Aunt Janet)
-we are collecting autographs of BYU football players at Cougar Stadium on Media day and you are asking me who the "good" players are (Greg)
-you came to visit us for your 12th birthday. It was so hot but you refused to wear shorts! You said you didn't want to get a tan on your legs!
-you and Greg had your picture taken with Ty Detmer at Big O Tires. He even signed your baseball hat (Nik)
- you were upset with me and since I named you, you wouldn't answer to your name. You would only answer if I called you Horton! (Shan)
- you were beating up Michael Rotkin
- you introduced yourself at the first day of seminary and said "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" as your personal qoute (Tim)
- I had you in a headlock and you were screaming loudly!
- you were annoying everyone on the basketball court with your screaming, singing, and running across the court (Rick)
- laughing at my vocabulary "wobblers", "jammies", and "tennies" (Kristin)
- every day when I call my son's name..Danny! (Rick)
Those are just a few that made me laugh and cry :) Brady I don't know why you have no entries in the book so maybe you could post some of yours.
I miss little D and I wonder what he would be like now? Do you think we would have liked his wife? :) Would his kids be little screamers??

3 comments:

Brady Fletcher Garrick said...

I saw Danny today when:

I look at my son Ty. He is left handed, loves to draw and screams just like you.

Everytime I see a black Jetta. There are so many out here in Logan.

Everytime I hear Bone Thugs % Harmony.

I know we would love his wife. I know this sounds wierd, but there is a girl that is buried in the Logan cemetary that from the first time I saw her grave I had a feeling she is with D. Crazy I know, but I feel it so I visit her grave every time I go there.
Her name is Courtney Self.

Shannon said...

I love those memories! I think of him too when I hear Bones Thugs and Harmony.
I think that is cool that you feel that way and that girl has a fun name!

Nikki said...

I'm sure that Danny would be just crazy about his wife- just like all the Garrick brothers. :)